2008/04/02

2-A II-I YAZILI SORULARI

KALABA ANATOLIAN GIRLS VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL 2007-2008 EDUCATION YEAR, THE SECOND TERM, THE FIRST ENGLISH WRITTEN EXAM FOR 10TH CLASSES

NAME:

NUMBER:
CLASS: 31/03/2008

A. Circle the correct form. ( 2 pts each )

1. I’m planning (to fly/flying) to Paris next week.
2. The Browns’ house is too small. They’re considering (to buy/buying) a bigger house.
3. We discussed (to be/being) to Marmaris for our holiday.
4. You seem (to be/being) in a good mood today.
5. The Clintons can’t afford (to buy/buying) a car.
6. Deniz doesn’t like green vegetables. He refuses (to eat/eating) them.
7. Keep (to talk/talking). I’m listening.
8. Susan doesn’t like her job. She’s talking about (to get/getting) a new one.
9. Let’s go for a walk if it has stopped (to rain/raining).
10.When you finish (to clean/cleaning), can you help me in the kitchen?

B. Use PRESENT PERFECT TENSE or PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS ( 3 pts each )
1. I’ve bought / have been buying a new pair of shoes.
2. Have you finished / Have you been finishing reading that book yet?
3. They’ve eaten / have been eating fruit all afternoon, ever since they came from school.
4. I’ve been reading / have read this book now, so you can have it back.
5. I’ve been writing / have written eight pages already.
6. Your exam paper is completely blank! What have you been doing / have you done?
7. Oh, no! There’s nothing to eat. My sister has been eating / has eaten everything I left in the kitchen.
8. Oh, no! There’s no wine to drink. They have drunk / have been drinking all the wine.
9. No wonder your eyes hurt. You’ve been playing / have played computer games ever since you had your breakfast.
10. I haven’t seen / haven’t been seeing you for ages.

C) Complete the sentences using indefinite pronouns ( 3 pts each )
1. Do you have ……………………………. in your pocket?
2. Bob doesn’t have …………………………… in his pocket.
3. My roommate is speaking to ………………………… on the phone.
4. Ann didn’t tell ………………………. her secret.
5. I talked to ……………………… at the phone company about my bill.
6. Jane gave me ……………………….. for my birthday.
7. Paul didn’t give me …………………………. for my birthday.
8. Did Paul give you …………………………. for your birthday?
9. My brother is sitting at his desk, and he is writing a letter to ……………………… .
10. A: The room is empty. B: You’re right. There is …………………………. to talk to here.

D) Rewrite the following sentences without changing the meaning ( 4 pts each )
1.They don’t know anyone in this town.
2.She met no one at the bus-stop.
3.You told nobody to go with you.
4.We ate nothing until dinner.
5.She told no one nothing about last night.
Period: 40 minutes

☺ GOOD LUCK ! ☺
CEMALETTİN ŞENER
Teacher of English

Hiç yorum yok: