2008/12/04

WORKSHEET FOR 12TH CLASSES

WORKSHEET FOR 12TH CLASSES
N A M E :
A. Combine the following pairs of sentences with “so that” or “in order that” to express a purpose.
1. Berrin will leave the door open. He wants to be able run away.
2. I am speaking slowly. I want my students to be able to understand me.
3. Sevtap wiped the entire floor. She did not want to leave any fingerprints.
4. Murat hurried to school. He didn’t want to be late
5. Sude will go on a diet. She wants to lose weight.
6. Grace locked the gate. She wanted to keep the burglars away.
7. I will give them my phone number. I want them to contact me.
8. Steven came to İzmir. He wanted to see the Ephesus.
9. My sister turned off the light. She wanted to sleep.
10. Belma attended the course. She wanted to improve her Spanish.

B. Combine the sentences. Use the word(s) in brackets in your sentences.
1. I couldn't sleep. I was tired. (despite)
2. Bill is very extravagant. His room mate Barış never spends money carelessly. (However)
3. They have very little money. They are happy. (in spite of)
4. My foot was injured. I managed to walk to the nearest village. (although)
5. I enjoyed the film. The story was silly. (in spite of)
6. The material is cheap. I won’t buy it because it does not look good quality. (despite)
7. She failed to give up smoking. She attempted repeatedly. (In spite of)
8. In spite of some bad qualities she has, she is quite popular with her friends. (even though)

C. Write these sentences in a different way using may or might.
1. Perhaps Devrim is at the station
2. Perhaps Mary slept early
3. Perhaps they are talking to themselves
4. Perhaps she wants to be alone
5. Perhaps he doesn’t want you to be there
6. Perhaps she went home early.
7. Perhaps she had to go home early.
8. Perhaps she was working yesterday.
D. Make sentences using the words in the parenthesis:
1. She can drive a car.She can ride a motorbike.(not only…)


2. She is a first-rate housewife. She is an excellent scientist.( not only…)

3. They pointed at me. They laughed at me. (not only….)

4. He could speak English. His daughter could speak English. (both..and )

5. He teaches tennis and he plays tennis.(both..and )

GOOD LUCK!!
Cemalettin ŞENER

Hiç yorum yok: