2008/11/04

1/B I. WRITTEN EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

KALABA ANADOLU KIZ MESLEK KIZ TEKNİK VE KIZ MESLEK LİSESİ 2008-2009 EĞİTİM-ÖĞRETİM YILI 1/A VE 1/B SINIFI İNGİLİZCE DERSİ
I. DÖNEM I. YAZILI SORULARIDIR.

NAME – SURNAME : Nov 4, 2008
NUMBER - CLASS :

A. READ THE PASSAGE AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.(3 points each)
Hello! I’m Burcu and I’m thirty-eight years old. I’m Turkish and I’m married with three children. My husband’s name is Cem and he is an engineer. He is forty-three years old and has got a blue car. My daughter’s name is Lâra and my sons are Can and Hakan. Lâra and Hakan are students at Ankara Anatolian High School, so they have got a lot of English books. Can is a university student at METU. Hakan has got two white cats but Can hasn’t. He has got a computer and my daughter, Lâra, has got a mobile phone. What about me? I have got thirty nice students.
1) What is Burcu’s job? SHE IS A TEACHER

2) Are her children students? YES THEY ARE STUDENTS

3) What colour are Hakan’s cats? THEY ARE WHITE

4) Is Cem’s car blue or purple? IT IS BLUE

5) Who has got a mobile phone? LARA HAS GOT A MOBILE PHONE

► Are these sentences true (T) or false (F) or doesn’t the passage say(DS) ( 1 point each )
1) Can has got two white cats .....F.......
2) Burcu is single. .....F.........
3) There are five people in Burcu’s family .....T.........
4) Cem has got two daughters and a son. .....T.........
5) Lâra and Hakan are in the ninth class .....DS-F.........

B. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS .(2 points each)
1. Where are you from ? I AM FROM MERSIN
2. Has your sister got brown eyes ? YES SHE HAS GOT BROWN EYES/NO SHE HASNT,SHE HAS GOT GREEN EYES
3. How many brothers have you got ? I HAVE GOT 'THREE' BROTHERS/ I HAVENT GOT ANY BROTHERS
4. Is your mother a housewife ? YES SHE IS A HOUSEWIFE/NO SHE ISNT A HOUSEWIFE
5. What colour are the doors in your school ? THEY ARE 'BLACK'
6. What is the seventh month of the year ? IT IS JULY/JULY IS THE SEVENTH MONTH OF THE YEAR

C ) Fill in the blanks using “ in, on, under, in front of, next to, near ” ( 1 point each )
1-) The ball is...ON......box.
2-) The ball is...NEXT TO.....box.
3-) The ball is.....İN.....the box.
4-) The ball is....NEAR.....box.
5-) The ball is.....UNDER....box.
6-) The teacher is....IN FRONT OF...the board.

D. USE ‘’, a , an, the, some, any ‘’ ( 1 point each )
1. There are .......SOME.... universities in Ankara.
2. He has .......AN.. hour for the flight.
3. December is .....THE.. twelfth month of the year.
4. Is there .....ANY.. sugar in your coffee?
5. There is ......A... one-way street next to this street.

E. WRITE THE PLURAL AND SINGULAR FORMS OF THE FOLLOWING WORDS ( 1 point each )
woman-WOMEN church- CHURCHES mice- MOUSE dish-DISHES children-CHILD countries -country person-PEOPLE

F. Fill in the blanks with suitable ‘ possessive adjective ‘ ( my – their . etc. ) ( 1 point each )
1. This is my son’s apple.  This is ………HIS…………… apple.
2. These are Tuğçe’s shoes.  These are ………HER…………… shoes.
3. It’s my aunt’s bike.  It’s ……HER……………. bike.
4. That’s my sister’s doll.  That’s ………HER……………. doll.
5. This is my father’s car.  This is ………HIS……………… car.


G. WRITE THE CORRECT TIME( 1 point each )
12 : 30 IT IS HALF PAST TWELVE
03 : 33 IT IS TWENTY-SEVEN TO FOUR
13 : 59 IT IS ONE TO TWO
08 : 09 IT IS NINE PAST EIGHT
04 : 16 IT IS SİXTEEN PAST FOUR

H. WRITE THE NUMBERS ( 1 point each )
44 – FORTY-FOUR
97 - NINETY-SEVEN
8. - THE EIGHTH
12. - THE TWELFTH
50. - THE FIFTIETH

I) PUT THE WORDS IN ORDER AND MAKE SENTENCES (2 points each)
1. old / My father / forty-five / years / is
MY FATHER IS FORTY-FIVE YEARS OLD
2. is / Saturday / the / sixth / the / day / week / of
SATURDAY IS THE SIXTH DAY OF THE WEEK
3. What / the third month / is / the year / of / ?
WHAT IS THE THIRD MONTH OF THE YEAR?
4. team / favourite / My / Fenerbahçe / is
MY FAVOURITE TEAM IS FENERBAHCE
5. any / milk / there / in / Is / the fridge / ?
IS THERE ANY MILK IN THE FRIDGE

J. MAKE THE SENTENCES PLURAL OR SINGULAR (2 points each)
1. This is an old book ……THESE ARE OLD BOOKS……..
2. Those roses are red THAT ROSE IS RED…..
3. That garden is very nice…THOSE GARDENS ARE VERY NICE…..
4. These are second-hand cars…THIS IS SECOND HAND CAR…..
5. Is this a watch? …ARE THESE WATCHES……..

K-Correct the sentences( 1 point each )
1. Tomorrow is Monday ..TOMORROW IS WEDNESDAY
2. She is my nephew ..HE IS MY NEPHEW/SHE IS MY NIECE
3. I am Turkish student ...I AM A TURKISH STUDENT/ I AM TURKISH
4. It’s at Friday. ..IT IS ON FRIDAY/IT IS FRIDAY..

L) Look at the family tree and answer the questions. (2 pts each)

1. Kaan is ___OPTIONAL______.
2. Deniz is ____OPTIONAL_____.
3. Pınar is Serpil’s _COUSIN_.
4. Hakan is Cem’s __NEPHEW__.
5. Tülay is __OPTIONAL____.

P.S: The right answer of each question in part A is 3 points; that of B,I, J and L is 2 points; and the others are 1 point
☺ GOOD LUCK ! ☺
CEMALETTİN ŞENER
Teacher of English

Hiç yorum yok: