2007/11/12

3/B 1. YAZILI SORULARI

KALABA ANADOLU KIZ MESLEK VE KIZ MESLEK LİSESİ 2007-08 EĞİTİM-ÖĞRETİM YILI ANADOLU 3 - B SINIFI İNGİLİZCE DERSİ I. DÖNEM I. YAZILI SORULARIDIR.

NAME – SURNAME : November 08, 2007
NUMBER - CLASS :

AS COLD AS STONE

I’ll never forget my first visit to the UK. I was staying in a small hotel near the west coast of Scotland. One afternoon I decided to go for a walk. I soon realised that I’d forgotten my map. This didn’t worry me too much because I had a good sense of direction. I could normally find my way without a map. However, on the occasion I became completely lost.
I walked for ages without seeing a single person, house or shop. Finally, I noticed a sign for Kirkley Mansion. I recognised the name at once because I’d read a book about old houses in that area. Kirkley Mansion was a large, seventeenth century house, full of valuable paintings and antique furniture. I decided to have look at the mansion and also for direcitons back to the hotel.
I followed the sign and reached the gates to mansion. They were closed, but I could see a man standing by the door. I called to him, but he didn’t hear. I called louder, and managed to attract his attention. He turned and walked slowly towards me. He was an elderly man with white hair. He was very neatly dressed in a dark woollen suit, black leather shoes, a white shirt and a red silk tie.
‘ We’re closed to visitors today, sir ‘ he said. We’re preparing for Lord Kirkley’s return later this evening. I’ve walked a long way, I replied, hoping that he would feel sorry for me. I’ve read about Kirkley Mansion and I’d really like to see it.
At first, he didn’t seem to understand me, finally, I managed to persuade him to let me in. He told me I could stay for thirty minutes. I thanked him and began to explore the mansion, starting with the Great Hall.

A. READ THE SENTENCES BELOW AND WRITE TRUE ( T ) OR FALSE ( F ) ( 2 pts each )

The writer was interested in old buildings. ………..( )………….
The mansion was always open for visitors. ………..( )………….
It is the elderly man’s mansion ………..( )………….
The writer is a man ………..( )………….
The writer is English ………..( )………….


B. MATCH THE WORDS WITH THEIR MEANINGS BELOW ( 3 pts each )

1. mansion a) to succeed in doing something especially something difficult
2. neat b) to travel to or around an area or a country in order to learn about it
3. explore c) to say or write with as an answer to sb/sth
4. reply d) a large impressive house
5. manage to e) tidy and in order carefully done or arranged



C ) Supply the correct reflexive pronouns ( 2 pts each )

1)Mete blames .............................. for the accident.
2)Our neighbours painted the ceiling by ..............................
3)I and my mother make a cake by .....................................
4)My sister must cook the meals by ..............................
5)I usually cut .............................. when I shave.

D) Supply the CORRECT TENSE ( 2 points each )

1. My cousin, Tom ………………………………………. (just / finish) his military service. He ………………………………………….. (look) for a good job since then. Yesterday he …………………………… (receive) a letter from his old boss.
2. After they …………………………….……… (learn) the new words last term, they ……………….…………………. (start) the course book.
3. Please don’t disturb us at the moment, we ……………….…………………… (record) the Director’s conversation.
4. We are quite anxious about Jane now. She …………..…...…………… (leave) home two weeks ago to spend her vacation with her friends but she …………...…….……………….. (write) to us yet.
5. They ………………………………. (live) in bad conditions since the war ……………….………… (start).
6. Before I …………………….…..….. (come) to the USA, I ……………….…………... (study) English in my own country.
7. Barbara is a writer. She ………….…. already …………………. (write) several novels. A few years ago.
8. As it …………………………………….. (rain), a car accident …………………………. (happen) on Main Street.
9. Most of the houses ……………………………………. (pull) down last month, but they ………………………………… (not / touch) the old shop at the corner yet.

E. REWRITE THE SENTENCES MAKING AN INVERSION IN THE CONDITIONAL CLAUSES ( 4 pts each )

1. If he were me, he ‘d apply for that job

2. If I went by train, I would get there earlier

3. If he does homework early, he can watch TV

4. If you study math more, you will be more successful


F. Use ‘should, ought or had better’ ( 3 pts each )

1. It's cold today. You…………..…………………wear a coat when you go out.
2. The film starts at 8.30. You………………...…………………go now or you'll be late.
3. Everybody ……………………...………… to brush the teeth.
4. I have an appointment in ten minutes. I………………………….……… not stay more or I'll be late.
5. You …………..……..…………study your lessons hard.


Period : 40 minutes

♫ J GOOD LUCK !!! J ♫
CEMALETTİN ŞENER
English Teacher

Hiç yorum yok: